Somatopause is a condition that occurs later in life when the body no longer produces enough growth hormone for its needs. Also called growth hormone deficiency (GHD),can lead to many troubling symptoms for aging adults. The use of supplement HGH for men over 50 can be a life-changer when the signs of GHD begin to interfere with daily life.
Growth hormone may decrease an average of 14% per decade. Some adult men may even see a 50% decline every seven years. In one study of men at least 60 years of age, 35% were GH deficient.
Often called the body’s master hormone, GH is pivotal for the following bodily processes:
- Immune system support
- Brain functions
- Cholesterol balance
- Glucose uptake
- Cell regeneration
- Internal organ protection
- Heart health
- Muscle and bone preservation
- Mood and emotional well-being
- Libido and sexual functions
If HGH is so essential for the body, why does its production decline?
That is the unanswerable question. Why does estrogen or testosterone decrease as you age? The answer is the same – it is part of the design of the human body. Many hormone levels change as we age. Unfortunately, that decline can lead to other problems.
Many people do not notice much of a change as they age. Sure, they get older, develop a few wrinkles and some gray hair. But not much else. Others are not so lucky. They experience symptoms of hormone deficiency. For them, hormone replacement therapy is the answer. When growth hormone decline is the problem, HGH therapy is the right choice.
Human growth hormone levels decline with age – treatment is necessary when symptoms of the deficiency impact one’s life.
What Happens to the Body When You Have Growth Hormone Deficiency?
Somatopause causes many adverse reactions in the adult body. Because growth hormone is influential in so many physiological functions, the symptoms can differ from one person to the next. Some men complain about low libido, muscle loss, and depression. Others may find that mental fog, lack of motivation, and fatigue are interfering with work.
Here are some of the many ways growth hormone deficiency affects the aging male body:
- Loss of lean muscle mass and strength
- Abdominal weight gain along with a sluggish metabolism
- Weakened immune system causing frequent and longer-lasting illnesses
- Cuts and injuries taking extra time to heal
- Reduced bone mineral density and greater risk of fractures
- Decreased feelings of sexual desire and taking longer to become aroused
- Lack of morning erection, weak erections, or other forms of erectile dysfunction
- Hair loss, thinning, or turning to gray
- Noticeable signs of skin aging – wrinkles, dryness, thinning, age spots, sagging
- Night sweats or hot flashes (yes, men get them, too)
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory lapses or forgetfulness
- Impaired cognitive functions
- Fatigue, low energy, lack of endurance
- Decreased motivation, drive, and productivity
- Elevated LDL and total cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- High blood pressure
- Reduced cell regeneration causing internal organs to shrink
- Poor circulation resulting in cardiac impairment
- Insomnia or other sleep issues
- Diminishing eyesight or blurry night vision
- Depression, mood swings, increased anxiety and stress
Treatment with HGH for men over 50 can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, dementia, and other health concerns.
Growth hormone deficiency can impact the male body in many ways, affecting mood, brain functions, and health.
Benefits of HGH Therapy for Men Over 50
The benefits of using supplemental HGH for men over 50 are easy to guess – a reversal of all the symptoms you just read about in the previous section.
Human growth hormone therapy gives back to the body what nature has taken away. If the pituitary gland no longer produces enough growth hormone, then injectable HGH can fill in what is missing. Bioidentical HGH is just that – a biologically identical version of growth hormone. The body immediately recognizes it as having the same molecular structure, so it can use it to bind with GH receptors to initiate the crucial functions that growth hormone performs.
As a result, the benefits of using HGH means that you will have increased energy, passion, motivation, and vitality. You will feel healthier, happier, and stronger. Your body will transform into a lean, toned, stronger version of itself.
From better sleep to weight loss to a reduction in the risk of serious health conditions, HGH therapy can change your life for the better.
HGH therapy gives back to the body what nature and time take away. Contact us to learn more.
- Fred R. Sattler, MD., Prof.
- Mary Lee Vance, MD.
- Manuel H Aguiar-Oliveira, MD., PhD., Andrzej Bartke, PhD.
- Monson J.P., MD., FRCP., FRCPI., Jönsson P., PhD.
Growth Hormone for the Elderly?
Growth Hormone Deficiency: Health and Longevity
Aspects of Growth Hormone (GH) Replacement in Elderly Patients with GH Deficiency: Data from KIMS