Zorbtive General Information
Zorbtive is a brand of somatropin (recombinant human growth hormone) used to treat symptoms associated with short bowel syndrome (SBS) in patients receiving a specialized diet. SBS is a potentially life-threatening and rare condition that could occur following extensive small intestine surgical removal to treat chronic or acute intestinal disorders.
Zorbtive manufacturer EMD Serono provides this brand of HGH therapy for the purpose of helping patients whose intestinal surgery limits nutrient absorption in the remaining portion of the bowel.
What does Zorbtive do to help people with SBS?
Zorbtive HGH increases the supply of human growth hormones to the intestinal mucosa where it binds with receptors that help enhance the transmucosal transport of nutrients, electrolytes, and water. The intestines contain receptors for both HGH and insulin growth factor 1. IGF-1 production occurs in the liver after that organ receives stimulus from HGH. Therefore, the effects of Zorbtive on the intestinal mucosa are both direct and indirect via IGF-1 mediation.
The benefits of Zorbtive include reducing dependence on total parenteral nutrition. This is measured by frequency of infusion, total calories, and total volume. Studies have found that HGH therapy combined with glutamine and parenteral nutrition provided the best results. Only those subjects in a study who received both treatments maintained this effect for a minimum of 3 months. HGH and glutamine allowed for greater weaning from PN than any other combination of treatment.
Zorbtive undergoes glomerular filtration in the kidneys. Following cleavage within the kidney’s renal cells, the amino acids and peptides of human growth hormone return to systemic circulation.
*Zorbtive treats the symptoms of short bowel syndrome in adults receiving a special diet.
Zorbtive Indications and Contraindications
Zorbtive is indicated and approved for the treatment of short bowel syndrome in adults receiving a specialized diet (parenteral nutrition).
Contraindications for Zorbtive use include:
- Eye problems associated with diabetes – active proliferation or severe non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy
- Active malignancy – you must wait until cancer treatment is complete before receiving HGH therapy
- Allergies to any of the ingredients in Zorbtive – somatropin, phosphoric acid, sucrose, benzyl alcohol (preservative in bacteriostatic water)
Serious medical condition caused by:
- Multiple accidental trauma
- Open-heart surgery
- Respiratory failure (severe breathing problems)
- Abdominal surgery
Discuss these and any other health issues with your healthcare provider before beginning treatment with Zorbtive. Let your doctor know if any of the following medical conditions are present:
- Currently or planning to become pregnant
- Breastfeeding – it is unknown if Zorbtive passes through to breastmilk
- Diabetes or other blood sugar issues
- Pancreatic problems
- Liver or kidney disease
- Current or previous cancer
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Let your doctor know about all medications, both prescription and over-the-counter that you take. List all supplements, vitamins, herbs, and other items you use.
*Zorbtive should not be used when any of the contraindications listed are present.
Zorbtive Important Safety Information
Before using Zorbtive, familiarize yourself with the information provided in this report. Using Zorbtive when any of the contraindicated conditions are present could result in severe illness. HGH therapy can offset the body’s electrolyte, sodium, and water balance resulting in liver or kidney issues. Zorbtive can also alter blood sugar levels which might require a decrease in diabetes medications. Do not attempt to change dosages of any medications without medical authorization.
- In case of overdose – although an overdose of HGH is rare, it could occur. An acute overdose could result in hypoglycemia which could lead to hyperglycemia. Long-term overdosing (as often seen with athletes and bodybuilders) could result in acromegaly and other potentially dangerous health conditions.
- What do I do if I miss a dose – it is essential that you take this medication daily for the four weeks – or as prescribed by your physician. If you miss a dose, please contact the clinic and find out what to do. Under no circumstances should you double up on a dose without doctor authorization.
- Interactions – Zorbtive may interact with the following medications, decreasing or increasing their effects. Let your doctor know all medications you take, not just the ones on the list below:
- Insulin and other diabetes drugs
- Cytochrome P450-metabolized drugs, including sex steroids, cyclosporine, and anticonvulsants
- Oral estrogen
*Tell your doctor about any medications and supplements you take.
How to Use Zorbtive – Preparation and Administration
EMD Serono provides Zorbtive in single-patient vials containing 8.8 mg of lyophilized (freeze-dried) human growth hormone. It is a white powder that requires reconstitution with bacteriostatic water before use. Once reconstituted, Zorbtive remains usable for up to 14 days when refrigerated. Do not store Zorbtive HGH at room temperature or place in the freezer.
You will receive complete instructions on how to use Zorbtive HGH injections. For adults with SBS, the typical treatment is once a day for four weeks. Administration of Zorbtive is subcutaneous (under the skin) of the abdomen. Some people may use the thigh, upper arms, or buttocks; however, the abdomen often works the best. You will alternate sides each day, staying once inch away from the belly button. Do not inject HGH near a bruise.
Along with your Zorbtive medication and bacteriostatic solution, you will also receive reconstituting and injecting syringes, alcohol wipes, and a Sharps needle disposal container. Always dispose of your needles and syringes in this container. Do not reuse needles or syringes.
Most people inject their daily dosage of HGH at night, before bed. Your doctor will let you know what schedule to follow.
*Zorbtive is a once-daily injection administered for four weeks.
Possible Side Effects of Zorbtive
Although HGH therapy is considered safe when used as prescribed, some people may experience mild side effects. The most common of these reactions occur at the injection site. You may notice some redness, irritation, pain, swelling, or itching from Zorbtive. Many times, it is the inexperience at self-injecting a medication that is the problem. Expect these reactions to subside on their own.
Other possible side effects of Zorbtive include:
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Swelling in the feet or hands due to fluid retention (edema)
- Males – breast tissue enlargement (gynecomastia)
- Hypothyroidism – low thyroid hormone levels
- Myalgia – muscle pain
- Neuralgia – nerve pain
- Arthralgia – joint pain
- High cholesterol levels
- Back pain
- Skin numbness or tingling
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rapid heartbeat
*Although side effects of Zorbtive are rare, familiarizing yourself with the adverse reactions is essential.
How and Where to Get Zorbtive
For anyone wondering where to buy Zorbtive HGH, you will need to contact a doctor who prescribes hormone therapy. Do not attempt to buy Zorbtive online as you may receive a counterfeit and potentially dangerous product. All brands of HGH are controlled substances – meaning they require a prescription for purchase. Only HGH that comes from licensed US pharmacies is safe to use. Illegally bought HGH may contain bacterial residue from inferior manufacturing processes. Some foreign factories put substances such as talc, drywall, and rat poison in their finished HGH.
It is not worth the danger to one’s health just to get a lower Zorbtive price. Our hormone clinic will work with you to find an affordable solution and treatment.
Please contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about Zorbtive HGH injections. All phone consultations are confidential and provided with no obligation.
*Call today to find out if Zorbtive can help you.