Before Using Serostim Read this General Information
Serostim is a brand of recombinant human growth hormone produced by pharmaceutical company EMD Serono for the treatment of HIV-associated wasting in conjunction with growth hormone deficiency. Serostim (somatropin) is a daily injection that helps to increase weight and lean body mass while improving physical endurance.
Unlike other brands of HGH that treat adult growth hormone deficiency, Serostim focuses on the unintentional weight loss and wasting that accompany the HIV/AIDS virus.
The Serostim cost may or may not be covered by your insurance. Our hormone specialists will work with you to ensure you can receive this treatment if determined beneficial for you.
Serostim has the same molecular structure as pituitary secreted somatotropin (growth hormone). It consists of 191 amino acid residues in a single-chain, polypeptide protein.
Serostim is supplied as follows:
|Ingredients||4 mg multi-use vial||5 mg single-use vial||6 mg single-use vial|
|Somatropin||4 mg||5 mg||6 mg|
|Sucrose||27.3 mg||34.2 mg||41 mg|
|Phosphoric acid||0.9 mg||1.2 mg||1.4 mg|
Each 4 mg vial comes with bacteriostatic water containing benzyl alcohol for reconstitution. Upon mixing, the 4 mg vials of Serostim HGH are good for 14 days when kept refrigerated.
The 5 and 6 mg vials come with sterile water for mixing. Because there is no preservative in the sterile water solution, the reconstituted HGH must be used immediately.
*Serostim treats growth hormone deficiency and HIV-AIDS-associated wasting.
Serostim Indications and Contraindications for Patients with HIV/AIDS
The indications for the use of Serostim are related to the treatment of cachexia or wasting in patients with the HIV/AIDS virus. Serostim helps to increase body weight and lean muscle mass. The use of Serostim HGH in HIV patients will improve physical endurance. It is necessary to use antiretroviral therapy while taking Serostim to inhibit HIV virus replication or production.
Contraindications for the use of Serostim include:
- Allergies to any of the ingredients in Serostim
- Active cancer or undergoing cancer treatment – you must wait until in remission to receive Serostim HGH
- Diabetic retinopathy
- A critical illness that results from multiple serious injuries, breathing problems (acute respiratory failure), or heart or abdominal surgery
- Pregnancy – do not use HGH therapy if you are currently or planning to become pregnant
Before using Serostim, tell your doctor if any of the following are present:
- Diabetes – HGH therapy may alter blood glucose levels necessitating a change in diabetes medications
- Nursing – it is uncertain if Serostim crosses through to breastmilk, so it is recommended not to use HGH therapy while breastfeeding
- Kidney or liver disease – due to changes in electrolytes, sodium, and water
- Scoliosis – HGH could affect bone growth
- Thyroid problems – Serostim could alter thyroid hormone production
Discuss all known health issues and treatments with your provider before beginning Serostim HGH therapy.
Clinical Trial Results of Serostim
510 patients took part in a 12-week placebo-controlled clinical trial using Serostim HGH. Dose reduction due to adverse reactions was necessary for 23% of the patients who received 0.1 mg/kg daily and in 11% of those who received the same dosage every other day. The majority of individuals receiving Serostim saw the symptoms subside with either dose reduction or continued use (as the body adjusted to higher GH levels).
Other study results:
- 6 patients with HIV-associated wasting in a one-week study showed increased protein-sparing lipid oxidation and improved nitrogen balance. Serostim led to an increased retention of nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, and sodium.
- 2 double-blind studies lasting 12 weeks brought decreases in total body and trunk fat. Individuals in the studies also increased lean body mass.
- Separate 12-week, placebo-controlled studies demonstrated significant improvements in work output.
*Clinical trial results from Serostim studies show positive changes in body mass, weight loss, and work output.
Most Common and Possible Side Effects of Serostim
During the clinical trials, the most common side effect of Serostim was injection site reactions. These may include redness, swelling, itching, rash, pain, or irritation where the shot is given. For some people, the reactions are due to injection-administration inexperience and decrease with practice.
The most commonly reported side effects of Serostim include:
- Arthralgia – joint pain
- Myalgia – muscle main
- Neuralgia – nerve pain
- Edema – fluid retention
- Elevated glucose levels – insulin resistance
- High cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Tingling or numbness in the skin
- Gynecomastia – male breast tissue enlargement
*Serostim is used to treat the symptoms of cachexia but should not be used by anyone with active cancer or any of the other listed contraindications
How to Use Serostim
Serostim administration is self-injected, once a day (every other day in some cases) at bedtime. Complete instructions, online videos, and speaking with an advisor over the phone are provided. In-person training by Serostim or at a pharmacy is also available.
Serostim is a freeze-dried (lyophilized) white powder that you must reconstitute with the provided solution before use. You will receive one long, 20-gauge needle for withdrawing the diluent and inserting it into the HGH vial. Smaller, 30-gauge needles are used for injecting. You will also receive alcohol swabs, syringes, and a Sharps container.
Change your injection site for Serostim daily. While the legs, arms, and abdomen may be used, most people rotate between sides of the abdomen. Avoid injecting HGH medication near any bruises.
Do not share your needles, syringes, or medications with anyone else. Dispose of all needles and syringes in the provided Sharps container.
*Serostim administration at home is easy to do and takes only minutes at bedtime.
Important Information about Using Serostim
In case of overdose – although an overdose of HGH is rare, there are some concerns to discuss:
- Short-term: the effects of acute overdosage could lead first to hypoglycemia and then possibly hyperglycemia
- Long-term: the most common sign of long-term HGH overdose is acromegaly – enlargement of the jaw and face bones
- What do I do if I miss a dose – contact your prescribing doctor to find out what to do if you miss a dose. If you miss only one dose, proceed as usual the next day with your next injection. Never take two or more doses at once unless instructed to do so by your physician. If you miss more than one dose, get medical guidance from your provider.
- Storage information – keep Serostim in the refrigerator at all times.
- Where to buy Serostim – some people research “Serostim buy online” as a way to save money. Purchasing HGH medications illegally from unapproved websites can put your health in serious risk. Always get your HGH therapy from licensed US pharmacies.
*Being aware of all Serostim facts can help provide safe treatment.
Serostim Interactions with Other Medications
Serostim may interact with the following medications:
- Diabetes medications, including insulin
- Oral estrogens
- Other cytochrome P450-metabolizing drugs
Before you get Serostim for sale, let your doctor know about any medications you use (over-the-counter or prescription). Also provide a complete listing of any herbal remedies, vitamins, minerals, or supplements that you take.
*To avoid possible medication interactions, let your doctor know everything you take – prescription and over-the-counter.
When to Discuss Getting Serostim HGH with Your Doctor
If you experience the symptoms of growth hormone deficiency, cachexia, muscle-wasting, or weight loss, that is the time to discuss Serostim with your doctor. Hormone specialists work with men and women suffering from GH decline associated with HIV/AIDS. If your physician is unaware of the benefits of Serostim, please do not hesitate to contact our hormone clinic.
We offer superior service, affordable Serostim price, and professional care to men and women dealing with these symptoms.
If you are looking to begin treatment with Serostim, buy with the confidence that you are dealing with hormone specialist in the US that care about your well-being.