Although their initials sound similar, comparing HCG vs. HGH is akin to saying night is the same as day. HCG and HGH are two distinctly different hormones. You cannot substitute one for the other as they do not provide the same benefits.
The reason some people talk about HCG and HGH together in the same category is for their role in weight loss. Although bothand HGH can help stimulate the targeting and burning of unwanted fat, they go about it differently.
Another comparison of HCG and HGH is their influence on testosterone. Both hormones do contribute to testosterone secretion. However, their use here is also not the same. In men, HCG will help improve testosterone production and is sometimes used to treat male infertility. HGH does help increase testosterone, just not to the degree of HCG.
Further examination of the HCG and HGH difference is highlighted in the sections below.
What is HCG and What Does It Do?
HCG stands for human chorionic gonadotropin. This hormone is most often associated with, as it helps to provide nourishment to the growing fetus when nausea inhibits food intake by the mother. HCG allows the body to release stored fat for use as nutrition and energy.
For that reason, a comparison of HCG injections vs. HGH therapy turns up the weight loss difference. A weight loss program called the HCG Diet enables adults to maintain a 500-calorie-a-day diet for six weeks while using HCG injections. The HCG tricks the brain into thinking more food was consumed, so the body does not enter starvation mode. A starving body will hold onto stored fat, instead pulling energy from the muscles. HCG maintains muscle integrity while promoting the burning of stored fat.
Adults can lose between a one-half and one and one-half pounds a day with the HCG Diet. They follow specific guidelines as to what they can and cannot eat during this time. The HCG weight loss plan eliminates all dairy, carbohydrates, fats, and sugars from the diet.
When comparing HCG vs. HGH for weight loss, the effects are extremely different. HCG works right away whereas HGH provides much slower results.
What is HGH and What Does It Do?
HGH is human growth hormone, a chemical messenger that aids metabolism, cellular regeneration, immune, brain, libido, and other vital functions. Maintaining adequate HGH levels is crucial for a healthy mind and body.
A comparison of HCG versus HGH yields many differences. Whereas HCG brings about rapid weight loss, but only with very restricted caloric intake, HGH does not require any dietary changes. HGH is not a diet, nor is it advertised or sold as such. While anyone who is overweight and has no contraindications can get HCG from a weight loss doctor, HGH is only available to adults with growth hormone deficiency.
A look at HCG vs. HGH shows that doctors do prescribe HCG as a dietary aid. HGH therapy is a medical treatment to reverse hormone deficiency.
How much weight can a typical adult expect to lose with HGH therapy?
If you are overweight and growth hormone deficient, you can expect to lose roughly ten percent of your body fat during a six-month treatment period. However, that does not necessarily mean you will be losing weight. Many people gain approximately the same amount of lean muscle mass during that time. Your body will still take on a more physically toned appearance.
How Do I Know When to Use HCG vs. HGH?
There are two simple rules to remember when it comes to HCG vs. HGH:
- HCG can be used as a weight loss aid when taken under the supervision of a doctor experienced in the HCG Diet. Real HCG, just as with HGH, is only available as an injectable. Pills, drops, and sprays are homeopathic products and not real HCG. Do not attempt a very low-calorie diet without doctor supervision.
- HGH injections are only prescribed to treat growth hormone deficiency. They are not a dietary aid, although overweight adults will experience a significant decrease in belly fat.
- A final word on this subject focuses on taking HCG and HGH at the same time. Under no circumstances do we recommend an HCG and HGH stack. Doing so could be dangerous for the body. If you are considering either HCG or HGH, please contact our hormone clinic for a free consultation to determine what is best for you.
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in the Treatment of Obesity A Critical Assessment of the Simeons Method Frank L. Greenway, MD and George A. Bray, MD
- Human chorionic gonadotropin: a secretory hormone Author links open overlay panelN.S.Panesar Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR China Robert O. Hussa
- Biosynthesis of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
- Chorionic Gonadotropin: A Hormone Complex S. HAMASHIGE M. A. ASTOR E. R. ARQUILLA D. H. VAN THIELT he Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 27, Issue 12, 1 December 1967, Pages 1690–1704, https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem-27-12-1690 BMJ.2004 Apr 17; 328(7445): 907–908.